Oct 12, 2007

Mirror, Mirror...found it at the Big Box


Photo courtesy of Katherine Bish Photography.

Looking for an inexpensive mirror that won’t break your budget?

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who has the least expensive mirror of them all?

Look no further than your local Big Box.

I created a dramatic look with the use of wardrobe mirrors in a dining room of all places. Wardrobe mirrors are not just for the bedroom or bath! I placed them side by side on a buffet and leaned them against the wall. The cost for each mirror was $20 for a total of $60. Notice how the mirrors fill the space. I’d say that is a lot of bang for the buck.

Most people are surprised to learn that I found these mirrors at Wal-Mart.

And look what I found at Wal-Mart this week. Good sized (33 in by 45 in) mirrors for under $50.


While you might not find solid wood mirrors at the Big Box, it is hard to tell the difference. And a benefit to the faux wood alternative is that it is usually lighter weight and less apt to fall or break.

Check out your local Big Box for mirrors. You might be surprised at what you will find!

The dining room (pictured) can be seen at Coachlight Town Homes, by Town and Country Builders – 4390 Olive St., St. Louis, MO 63108, in the Central West End. They are open Saturday and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Let me know if you are interested in a tour for you or a group of friends and I can meet you to share other design tips we used in the home. Call me at 314-652-1759 to arrange your tour.

No comments: