Dec 11, 2007

Not Your Grandma's Wallpaper - introducing Ferm Living Shop, a favorite


I am getting excited about wallpaper again. For years I have been telling people to take it down, especially if they plan to resell their home.

While I don’t think we will ever get back to the homes that have every room covered in wallpaper, I do think we will do our bathrooms, hallways and focal walls.

Designer wallpaper has the most exciting choices. Mostly these are high-end priced, but I am finding resources that are more affordable, like Ferm Living Shop just launched in the United States last June. A roll -- 32.8 feet long and 21” wide -- costs $85.00.

This is not your Grandma’s wallpaper. This is art!


Just look at the yummy selection on the Ferm Living Shop website, including fantastic wall stickers too. And coming in February many of these designs will be found in their bedding selection too!

Christiana, a retired lawyer, saw an opportunity to indulge her passion in design by signing on to be the USA distributor for this new Danish firm. She is delightful and she is happy to take your order and answer questions.

Or you can see me, if you live in the St. Louis area, to view their selection of samples.


Don’t miss their ornaments, just in time for Christmas.

These damask inspired acrylics (pictured on the left) also feature kissing squirrels! What a fun play on the damask design. I plan to get several for my tree this year.

No comments: