Aug 22, 2009
Happy Birthday to Whitney and my blog!
Happy Birthday to Whitney Johnson, Dare-to-Dreamer who dared me to start this blog two years ago. Wow, time flies and I really didn't think I'd stick with it. But here I am in bloggerland and contemplating twittering and other social media. Yikes.
This blog was Whitney's birthday present, but I think the present has really been for me.
Here is what I have gained from blogging:
1) An opportunity to develop my design voice.
2) Ability to share my design voice with the media.
3) New friends and networks.
4) Confidence that I can indeed manage technology.
5) Improved writing skills.
6) A way to look back, a journal for keeping design notes.
7) An active way to share my portfolio, beyond my website.
8) Joy in sharing.
...and probably a whole lot more. I never imagined all these things would happen.
Thank you Whitney!
Please help me celebrate by visiting Whitney's blog -- Dare to Dream -- and tell her your dream.