Sep 4, 2008

More Designing Haven of Grace -- Flower Power



There is so much to share about the Haven of Grace project. I showed you the children's space. Here is the bathroom (above).

Gina and I did not have any grand plans for the bathroom. We were focused on finding donations and decorating the other spaces. The bathroom just lost our attention.

But thanks to Laura n , the bathroom, once an afterthought, became a highlight. She put in some extra time at my urging and created a dynamic wall mural of a Calla Lily. I found a silk Calla Lily to put in a beautiful turquoise vase that was donated by Ashley Furniture Home Store in Kirkwood, Missouri.

I love this mural because it is not a cutesy wimpy mural of a flower or flowers, but bold and graphic...it really makes a statement. To create a similar look, go big and bold.

That's Flower Power!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the mural!

FancyPants-design said...

wow!! Such a great mural of a cala lily!!